Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finally.....the new couches arive

So, now that the party is over...we can bring in the new furniture (we're not stupid after all! :}). It was actually supposed to be delivered tomorrow; but, came in a week early. So, once again, our neighbor, Paul, saves the day & lets us use his garage for a night. As long overdue as this was (and trust me, we had the same torn up thing since we first lived together 19 years ago!), it wasn't our intention to get it right now. We had our budget for the patio & planned to finalize it with the new seating area we had visioned. But, while searching about EVERY furniture store in the city the past month (have I told ya how I just hate shopping? It's so exhausting! I mean, don't get me wrong....it's fun to get new stuff; but, spending $ is just not fun either really!)...we never really could decide and found ourselves looking at all the living room sets too while we were at it. We were really impressed with the new store in the area, Ashley Furniture..I would suggest you check it out if you need something. It's not just "cheap" stuff, just much less expensive (the way I like it!). So, for now atleast, our old stuff is now on the back patio (the old one)...which fits & works for now since all that stuff went to the new patio. But, my ? is....does that make us "White Trash" by definition now :} (isn't that what they say?) Or is it the fridge in the garage that does that? j/k...I could care less...it's just always a joke if we are in fact there sometimes! :}

BIG DADDY'S CHAIR! (it's so comfy too!)

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I love the new furniture, 19 years is a long time..the stories those couches could tell! I think the couches would actually need to be on the front porch to be 'red neck'. However, when we sold some furniture at a garage sale once, it was pretty comfy sitting on the couch out in the driveway watching the neighborhood going ons! (I think Sherrie even took a nap out there). I'll have to try Ashley's furniture sometime, I've never been there. Anyway, the new furniture looks great!!

Lissa said...

So cute Shauna! They look wonderful with the color of wall!!! I love having new furniture!!! Congrats!

Carla said...

After 19 years you deserve new stuff. Looks so nice!! I love getting new stuff. ;) I'll check out Ashley Furniture when we get ready to redo our bedroom next year.
Congrats.
Carla