Thursday, July 17, 2008

Goodbye Grandmother Eaton

We're sad to report the passing of Doug's Grandmother, Lucille Eaton, this week. Apparently his Grandaddy is not far behind. I realize that happens as we age; but, always sad to see them go. We wish we could have spent more time with them; but, hard to do when they're across the country. We're just very glad we got the chance to visit with them on our trip to Florida last year (though with the both of them having alzheimer's, they probably don't remember; but, we do!) It was the only time they got to ever see Kaley. They seemed to enjoy seeing their great-grandkids! Doug has lots of great memories as a child..something I hope he will treasure!

Grandmother & Grandaddy Eaton

4 comments:

Lissa said...

I am so sorry to here about her passing. I wish your family nothing but the sincerest condolences and love at this time and your loss.... It is great that you got to see them just recently... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Love and hugs and kisses to everyone.

Carla said...

We also lost our grandma this year at the age of 89. It is hard to see them go. :( We understand how hard it is and are sorry to hear about her passing.

With love.
The Hennessy's

Colleen said...

I'm so glad that You, Doug, and the kids were able to visit them last summer. I know it meant a lot, especially knowing there might not be alot of time left. I'm sorry to hear about her passing.