Monday, July 14, 2008

Rockin' Out at USANA

It was a night to sign along (or in my case, hum along for the most part...I couldn't help myself on some parts!) to some great oldies. USANA is a great set up, I love the shows out there...they remind me much of the old concerts at Park West back in the day (but not quite such a steep hill to fall down :}). It was fun to share it with Sherrie & Glenn; his friend from school, Nancy; our buddies, Miwa & Lenny; and their friend, Rick. All three bands were great! (well, we were late; but, still caught some of the favs from Cheap Trick). Ann Wilson of Heart still has an amazing voice after 30 years! They even sang a couple of other cover songs, like Led Zeppelin which certainly had the crowd going. And, the new lead singer of Journey, Arnel Pineda, sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry. I don't think you would have known otherwise if you were just listening without seeing him! They all rocked!!

Ann & Nancy Wilson doing their thing!

"Don't Stop Believing!" (good motto to live by :})

Arnel definately has the vocals to carry on the classics of Journey (and the new stuff is great too!)

"Anyway You Want It" (c'mon, I know you're singin' along now! :})




2 comments:

Lissa said...

I love USANA. I am glad that you had a great time. How are you feeling by the way? When can you start belting out the songs again and eating chocolate?

Colleen said...

Looks like a great time! Bummer you couldn't belt out the songs. Maybe next time. I'm glad you're doing well.