Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nothing Like Your Girlfriends!

You know, I can't say enough how fortunate I feel to have such awesome girlfriends in my life! You just need them to get through all life's challenges & obstacles! This group here in particular has been a very important part of my life & know we will be friends until we're gray & old (wait, I all ready am!! :}). OK, 'til we're so old we can't even remember how much fun we had over the years! :} (this is when it's handy to have all those pictures & things! :}) This would be Connie (aka: Jones), Laci (Connie's niece), Monica (aka: Moni or Lil' One), Abrea (Monica's daughter), and myself . I first met them when I started working at Principal Financial Group. Monica was kind enough to hire me despite the fact I had a wedding in less than 2 weeks from then. Connie was helping her run the mail room & had to help train me (despite first thinking she was a tough chick that may beat me up if I wasn't nice! :} Boy...was I wrong! It must have just been the big hair...yea, we definately went through some big hair days/years!!...we'll hold off on those pictures for now! :}). We had so many good laughs in that mailroom alone...like the time I was teasing Connie about something, and instead accidently knocked over the big mail bin & screamed bloody murder (it was a big crash!). Or when she was looking out the window just in time to watch me completely trip on my own feet...she got a great laugh out of that one! Yea, they soon found out what a clutz I was & still tease me to this day! In just 16 years, it feels like we've been through so much together! Especially watching Laci & Abrea go through their teenage years & grow into adults! (as well as having our other kids & continuing to watch them grow too fast before our eyes!). I couldn't imagine life without them!


Sharing Laci's wedding together (and what a gorgeous bride she was!)
We enjoyed a roadtrip to Vegas to celebrate her Bachlorette Party
16 years of celebrating Christmas together

They always throw a great Halloween Bash every year!

You can GUARANTEE it will be a night of laughs when we're together!

Sharing the birth of our babies together


We've had some great get-aways to Wendover together!


Here's to many more great memories ahead....Love you girls!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I agree - girlfriends are the best! When life has it's ups and downs friendships are always there. It's fun to see how long you've been friends with some of these girls. I just had a GNO with 3 of my girlfriends - 2 of them forever and 1 for 12 years!

Lissa said...

Good girlfriends are definitely the best!!! You look like you are surrounded by a ton of great ones!

Anonymous said...

I say we hold off on the big hair pictures forver! They don't need to ever be seen!!
I love the pictures! I'm cracking up over the Wendover one when I was playing the game with the ice machine. It beat me every time!! We always do have the best of times, and I am so glad I have you girls in my life, especially when things haven't always gone good. Can't wait to see the pictures of us when we are in our 60's taking a road trip to Vegas or Wendover!!
Love you Shauna-na, Laci, Little One and Abrea!!!!

Colleen said...

Fun pictures! They are all such cute girls, with great sense of humors! It's amazing how fast the years go by..I remember the big hair days you guys had!