Friday, September 19, 2008

A Blast From The Past...


You know, it's funny how life just sneaks right by you, how fast it really goes. Every now & then you wonder about old friends...Will you ever see them again? Are they doing well? Did they ever have kids? You know, all that stuff that goes through your mind. Well I was quite surprised last night to run into an old friend, Amanda Pickin, back from our days at Lume' (oh, now there was quite the joke of a company; but, we won't go there). And of all places, to see her at a birthday party of my long time friend, Melissa's, son. Funny what a small world it really is! I don't think I've even seen her since our wedding, which was 16 years ago! (We all got laid off...just two weeks before our ceremony...that was fun...NOT! :}) It was so great to catch up...and funny to find out that we are practically neighbors too...CRAZY! Glad to hear she is doing well! It's made me think a lot about our other friends there & what they might be up to. Who knows, maybe we'll run into them someday too! :} Maybe I'll have to do a little internet searching & see if I can find them too. Just because you may not see your old friends for years, doesn't mean you forget them or don't appreciate the friendship you had! Here's to reuniting with old friends again! :}

2 comments:

Colleen said...

It is a small world. It crazy how you've been running into people you know from the past. I think it's meant to be, to remember all the great people and things that have occurred in the first 40 years of your life. You've certainly been blessed with good friends!

Jen said...

I don't think I knew you were laid off before your wedding. What a stress! I'm sorry I didn't know, glad to see all is well now.