Sunday, September 7, 2008

Life Is Good..Part III

As promised, I want to periodically come back to stop & think...why is life good?! I want to know your reason....give me a quick reply, I'd love to hear it! Let me give you mine today.......

We'll start with Friday. Nothing in particular, we were just running errands, getting quick visits with some good friends along the way, Doug & I having great conversations inbetween too....we had some more family game time; Kaley got to have a sleepover with her friend, Aleaha; we watched a movie; just enjoyed being together...that's always good! We woke up to a beautiful sunny day to start out with some football. Though the game was a bit rough...still a good learning lesson for the boys, and a fun way to start the day! Then later on was the long awaited Season Home Opener at Rice Eccles Stadium to watch our UTES crush UNLV!! (we had some serious payback to do for last year's beating we got!) It was sooo much fun, great energy in the air!! (we'll talk more on that). Meanwhile, Uncle Glenn so kindly watched the younger ones for us, which then allowed my brother & I to have a great conversation into the night...just another reminder of how lucky I am to have the family that I do! I get to sleep in until 10-love Sunday mornings! I wake up to breakfast in bed (man I got a good husband!) & get to casually go into my Sunday afternoon without feeling overwhelmed with a million things to do (ok, so I do have the PTA tax form to do still & we won't mention the stack of mail/papers/reciepts and mountains of laundry to go through; but, taking deep breaths & not stressing about it is the difference! :}). Doug gets in a day of golf, and we will get to see our family once again this evening to celebrate cousin Phillip's birthday. Plus, the new season of great TV shows starts this week (can't wait for The Office in particular...love that show!)........

Proud of our boy...and hey, at least they got the right colors!! :}

Let's Do It Granger!

The boys in action

Half time allows for us to throw some football ourselves



The coaches trying to wake these boys up!

The girls being silly!
We have finally got persmission to put decals on the helmets, so Bradon came up with the design, Doug got them printed up at work & they work together to dress up the helmets (see, simple Daddy & son time that does mean a lot!). The team will be excited for thier new look!

Soooooo....why is life good? Because we're surrounded by love & some amazing relationships, that's why!! We hope you're also enjoying, and appreciating, the ones you are surrounded by too!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I think that is exactly it Shauna...the relationships we have with friends and family are what make life good. Not to be cheesy, but I never knew love could feel like this - being in love, having a wonderful person to share your ups and downs with, to enjoy great times with, to just sit and look at...that is what it is all about. My life has always been great, I must admit. But adding this component into my life has just sent me far beyond what I could ever imagine. Life is good because of good people to share it with!

Jen said...

What a great post! I'm going to challenge myself to just focus on the positives! Thanks for the inspiration (and the reminder about the return of good television. I need to make the recorder is set!). Love you!!!

Carla said...

Life is good for us because we have so many great friends (and family) in our lives. I have a fantastic husband and 2 great kids. There is food on the table and a roof over our heads. We are all happy and healthy. Can't ask for more than that!

:)Carla

Colleen said...

I love your posts. It's true, life is good being surrounded by great family and friends. Of course, the great utes games and sleeping in days are always an extra bonus! Love ya Sis!