Sunday, September 21, 2008

Confessions of a Sweet-tooth-aholic...

I know I'm on a roll with 3 blogs today...'cuz I have NOTHIN' else to do! :} But, it's funny how you want to just share whatever random things come up...and it's my way of journaling, so, sorry! Anyway, I don't know what it is about having to have something sweet sometimes; but, it's driving me nuts! I've been doing so good otherwise, on the eating less & minimizing the calories (though we all know that is a daily battle for many of us!)...I'm REALLY trying, I promise! (I do have that goal with only 3 weeks to go now! Ha ha...you might have to lock me in a closet if I wanted to realistically lose it!) Except here's the problem, my new craving lately....
OK, not new really. I believe this started back in our early teenage years when Sandra Kidd, Pam Jones, Mellssa & I would take these canisters of frosting to camp. We would bring along graham crackers to spread it on...yumm! I don't know about you all; but, I'm much more for the frosting than the cake itself! As is my daughter...you might as well not even give her the cake part. Which is why I bring this up in the first place, as I'm cleaning up dinner I hear the boys yelling at her telling her to put the frosting back in the freezer. She says, "No, I don't have to...this is mine & Mommy's special treat!" I'm not sure what started this again...maybe when I was temporarily banned from chocolate & had to find something to replace it (really, did I have to?! No, I'm sure not!). Maybe it was when the store started putting them in the clearance isles, or because I got more coupons for them, or deep down it was a comfort thing thinking about the good ol' days of camp (sounds good :}). But, regardless, whatever the reason.....nothing like a spoonful of good frosting! Terrible I know...I've seriously got to stop this madness! Especially since Kaley has obviously picked it up too!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm a frosting finantic lately as well. I basically ate a whole can of frosting I needed for Sam's birthday cake. I ended up having to go to the store in the early morning hours to buy more. I've also got a GREAT recipe for frosting for sugar cookies if you would like. It's my favorite part of the cookie!!! Never thought of the graham cracker idea though, I may have to try that. I may also need to create that "special" bond between Eva and I (like you and Kaley have), heaven knows she's already picked up a liking for soda and junk, might as well add that one to the mix.

At Last said...

Thanks for sharing. I love grahm crackers and frosting...so good!!Lately I am addicted to peanut butter and chocolate. I keep the peanut butter by my bedside, how sad is that?? When Noah wants PB he goes in my room and gets it...confessions of a pb holic..anyway your blogs are great,I love how you share with us.Maybe I'll have some pb right after I post this....

Carla said...

I know what you mean about cravings. It always hits me about 8pm. I usually do real well and just walk away...however there are times when just a little "sweetness" makes all the changes in the world. Good luck with your diet. ;)

Hang in there.
Carla

Colleen said...

Yeah, I'm a sugar-holic myself..so I understand the frosting cravings. I don't know what they're called, but my kids also like you put whip cream between two chocolate graham crackers and freeze them. I can't believe you only have 3 weeks until your big trip. Time is flying by so fast!