Friday, September 12, 2008

We Will Not Forget...

With yesterday being the Anniversary of the tragic 9/11 events, I hope you all took a moment to stop & think about what happened, to think about those who had to personally suffer from the tragedy, and to remember what a beautiful country we live in. 7 years later, I continue to feel just shocked when I watch any clips, still in disbelief this could happen...it's so surreal. I know there's lots of shows & news clips on the event; but, I was in awe of The History Channel's show last night....'102 Minutes That Changed The World'. This was unfiltered, as it happened, from more than 100 eyewitnesses...thier own personal videos, reactions as it was happening. Truly heartbreaking & more reality then I could even imagine. Not that you want to "relive" the moment; but, it is history that we were all a part of & can't forget! Though you knew what was next, you couldn't help but just plea for them to run. You couldn't look at thier eyes on the screen and begin to understand how that person felt at that moment. My heart continues to go out to those who personally had to experience it somehow. I will be visiting Ground Zero next month & can only imagine the feelings we will have knowing what has happened there. I so wish I could have seen The World Trade Center itself; but, will be sure to give my respects to those who were there that day.


1 comment:

Colleen said...

What a nice post. It was emotional watching tv coverage on it yesterday. I'll have to see if I can find that show from the History channel. I think we can all remember exactly where we were in the moments we 1st heard the tragedy unfolding. It was and still is so shocking that that could happen here in the USA. It also brought a feeling a of gratitude to remember how much people pulled together afterwards, and how very very proud I am of our soldiers, and emergency crews who constantly put their lives at risk for us.
-
fyi-another website that has shows about it is snagfilms.com