Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Labor Day Weekend

Oh, what a fun weekend...good way to end the summer! But, really...has summer all ready come to an end?! That went crazy fast! The weekend involved lots of fun & silly times with the friends, plenty of game time, some great football (as mentioned earlier), we got our dancing fix in, and good family time too. I'll talk more about the beautiful wedding we attended in it's own blog; but, we also enjoyed having the "2nd family" over for some relaxing down time. There's something to be said about the ones you can just enjoy kicking back & playing games with! (even the competitive ones....cough cough, Nick! :}) We started with hanging out on the patio, doing some BBQ, until the crazy storm hit us. And did it hit hard! Of course nothing like New Orleans or anything; but, it was a dumper for sure! We actually enjoyed sitting on the covered patio & watching the lightening later too (can I just say I am NOT ready for it to be cold again all ready though!!). Another one to mark in the book of memories! :}


The "Three Sisters"....love you girls!

Glad Moni & Family could join us!

Hi Laci! :}

Hank being a good sport in playing Shrek for Henry

This was Nick trying to show us his new dance move

Bradon showing Henry a few football tricks

Little buddies, Kaley & Henry

Time for a round of Yahtzee

And some more laughs...

Wuv ya Jonesy!

My cute & crazy boys....

Was Toby playing football too?

Then Kaley & Dylan decided it was time for a Dance Off!!

Which even involved a little bit of 'The Worm'"Oh yea, I'm good, I am the winner!"

Nick & Laci showing the kids how to do the wave

Laci & I had to show off a little of our own dance moves! Kaley having to take time to brush everyone's hair (of course!). Good thing Connie was such a good sport!

The infamous pictures of all of us together on our stairs (just wish we did it while Moni was still there!)

Oh, that's precious!

Besides fun with the friends, we also got to see my adorable little great nephew, Haiden, while we helped Brittani & Ryan move. He's such a ham...just love this little kid!" Clap for us Haiden!" :}

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun weekend! I love seeing your cute family's personality - and dancig too. Friends are definitely the best! Thanks for sharing the pictures of Haiden too. Always love seeing them.

At Last said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun, I love playing games and being with family and friends. Your family is so cute and always having fun. It was good to see the pix of Monica and the fam, they are awesome! I still can't believe what a small world it is. Great to be in touch:)

Colleen said...

I can't tell enough how much we appreciated you & Doug help us move Britt and Ryan. Thanks again! It looks like I missed a fun barbecue. And games too, I love playing games. It looks like I could have learned some great dance moves!!