Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another Season Of Softball Comes To An End

The summer softball season has once again come & gone. We were proud to take 2nd place (sure, 1st would have been nice...but, 2nd is better than all the rest below us! :}). It's crazy to think I've been playing now for 30 straight years (you would think I'd be good by now! :}) This is a great team, we really all have fun playing together & work well as a team...which is the key!! I've also really enjoyed being able to play at Murray Park, which was pretty much my second home in the summer time while growing up. My old Boys & Girl's Club is just down the path there from our field and the pool there behind us was a hot spot....fun times for sure!


The game in action..."Pitch him a strike Kev!"

"C'mon, hit it to me!"

Cute little Megan, aka" Chep" patiently waiting for her turn at batClint, our fearless coach, about to hit another slugger (well, he was ready to if they weren't walking him that is!) There's a reason he's #1 on the batting list with an average of over .800..he rocks! :} Meanwhile Kristy, who is known for her splits on 1st base, is in the batter's box

Alex in good stance, ready to put some power into it....look at those legs! :} We like to throw an end of season BBQ after the final game. Doug, Kevin & Steve (Powelly) getting some laughs in all ready(Clint) Zundel...aka: Slugger!
Kristy with her adorable son, Quinn
Sheree and one of her sons Ashley with her kids, Hailey & Sam, friend, Jeff & Kevin's daughter, Lauren Alex & her friend, Harut
It just wouldn't be the same without our great fans...like Peggy (Steve's wife) & of course, our Dyl-Pickle (who was still mad at me for having to wear his new shoes at the game...long story short, I forgot my bag..no cleets or mitt! YIKES...haven't done that one before!)

Jada, Lauren & Kaley always make great cheerleaders too! Jared's cute family...oh, his son is a ham, he was running around with a huge grin on all night!

Always good to see Kevin's family too...wife, Monica, with her long time friend. And Spencer down below...what a stud!

See you guys next season...oh wait, that's the fall league which all ready starts next week! :}

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow, 30 years and going strong! I can see you playing when you're 100 years old!!

Jen said...

How fun! I can't believe that you've been playing for 30 years. That's awesome! That is cool you got to play at Murray Park. I love that place. It looks like you had a great time, and got to be with some fun people. I think it's so great that you guys have continued doing this over the years!

Lissa said...

How fun! Now those are some faces I have not seen in a LONG time! :)Tell everyone HI from me!