Sunday, August 10, 2008

Guess I'm not so bad after all....

I just had to laugh, and of course share...Per my kids, guess I'm not such a lame mom after all. You never know from the eyes of your young ones (especially as they get closer to being teenagers I know!). I went ahead & got some school clothes while I was out running around Friday..had to take advantage of good sales! Now doing this without the kids present to pick out their clothes is always a guess on whether they'll actually like them or not. Bradon says "All right mom, you rock...you did good, you're pimpin'!" :} Dylan didn't really need anything, he's fortunate to get some great hammydowns from his brother & cousin, Taylor. But, you feel bad when they don't get something new. So, I got him 1 outfit & I got a "Right on...I didn't need anything either! You're cool!" Now Kaley...of course she's easy to please. But, her dramatic excitement over the few things was cute in itself.."Oh mama, these are beautiful!" and "Oh, I just love this outfit! Oh, what am I going to wear on the 1st day of school now?!" (oh no...here we go!). Then to top it off, as she goes back to playing with Hailey & listening to the Ipod...I hear her say, "My mom's got the BEST songs on her IPOD..check it out!". I have to remember this in a few years when they're all teenagers, or getting close, and think I'm just some old mom who doesn't have a clue! :}

4 comments:

Carla said...

YOU ARE A COOL MOM...DON'T EVER FORGET IT!!!!!

:)Carla

Colleen said...

Good job! I understand the risk of buying clothes without their presence. You really are a Pimpin Mom!

Jen said...

I'm still at the age they don't notice, or even care. In fact I still pick out what they're going to wear each day. I don't look forward to them having an opinion. Good job writing it down, you'll definitely need to pull out those memories in a couple of years. Nice to know your kids think you're so awesome!

Lissa said...

Great job! You are one cool MOm!!!!