Monday, August 4, 2008

Life Is Good....Continued

Why is life good? Let me tell ya....despite the major work involved in "cleaning crap out"...you know; drawers, closets, under the bed....all that fun stuff; the feeling when you're done is quite good! Like a breath of fresh air. I seriously recommend you do that AT LEAST 1-2x/year. I know, some of you like to hang on to things....maybe it will fit someday, the memories, whatever....you just can't save it all. Not good for your health! I remember Bradon being sad that he saw some of his drawings in the garbage when he was young; but, being the little artist that he is...that meant at least a few a day. Save a few...take pictures, much easier to store & remember buy later! So, that's what we did Saturday...and yes, it took ALL DAY! Amazing what you find when you do that! Why my levis that were missing were in Bradon's drawer, who knew? And Dylan was doing the happy dance when I found his favorite boxers! Seriously...it was really pretty funny! This involved a little dancing on the front porch in them...good thing this was about midnight, so I don't think anyone was outside to actually see this, hopefully! If he only knew to actually look to the bottom of his mess! Now let's see how long it will take to be back how it was? Oh well...feels good to give it away too! You gotta save the favorite clothes for friends or family's kids....then give the rest to charity. I know there's a ton, we like giving it to the MS Society. Let them take it away!

So, why else is life good? Because I got to send the boys off to Camp Millhollow this morning. Oh the memories of that place when I was a kid! And, let's be honest....I have 3 days of mostly peace & quiet, yeah!! Hopefully this year Dylan won't come home with a sprain again since he has his big test for the black belt the day he gets home. Wish him luck!

And one more reason it's good: we managed to still get in some fun besides all the hard work! Friday night involved movie & dinner.....Mummy 3 & Iggy's Sports Bar & Grill. Dinner was nummy...they have some great salads & sandwiches there! I believe the movie was great-I know you may think too much for Kaley; but, she likes the action stuff too & it was her brother's turn to pick. The boys really enjoyed it; but, why I say "I believe it was good" is due to the fact that I should know beter than to go to a movie @ 10:30 pm & think I can stay awake anymore...doesn't matter how good the movie is! (yea, I'm gettin' old!) And Kaley slept right along with me!

And, in our attempt to soak up the sun as much as possible, the kids & I were off to the pool again while Doug got in his golfing. This time Kaley insisted we went the the Kearns Rec Center. I'd heard it was nice, hadn't been there...don't know why, it's not far from us. This started because Aunt Colleen took her there last week (BTW..she rocks! First she took Dylan for a couple days last week, then Kaley for 2 days this week...without even asking. They love the chance to spend time with their cousins! The kids LOVE their Aunt Colleen! :}) It was a blast...they have 4 different pool areas & the most entertaining is the huge bucket above that does a serious dump on you when it fills up....as you'll see in the pictures below.

The kids anxiously awaiting for the alarm to go off

Here it comes!
"Whew, what hit us?" You'll see Kaley is no longer in the picture, she ran off when it started.

She did love this slide though!
And the play land

And of course, this slide too!

She loves getting to play with her friend, Hailey
And, one more time!

See what I mean.....it gets you good!

So, another fun weekend to mark in the books. Guess I better actually get back to work now! That is what we're supposed to be doing on Monday, right?

Hey...side note: guess what today is? Today Doug & I have officially been together for 20 years! I know we celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary recently; but, it's also fun to remember back to when you first fell in love. It's been a long time! His hair was a bit longer then! And his cut off rock concert t-shirts & op shorts were still cute even! :}

Have a great week ya'll!

4 comments:

Jen said...

How fun. I'm with you on the cleaning thing. I usually get bit by the bug after Christmas, and before school starts. I too have found some of my clothes in the kids drawers. I'm with you on the movie thing. Start a movie that late I'm guaranteed to be asleep. Keith doesn't understand this phenonemon (sp??). He wonders how I can stay up rediculously late and go, go, go other times. In which I remind him that if I'm busy doing something I can go for hours. Sit me down, and require me to be still, I'm out like a lite! So, what a fun post. I've actually been to the Kearns rec center with Keith's family. Thought for sure you had been there since you live so close. How fun. I love hearing and seeing all you've been up to!

Colleen said...

Wow, 20 years, that's amazing. You two are so great together! Thanks for the nice comments, they're great kids! I'm glad you got to try out that pool. Last week was my first time to go there, and I loved the just right 'kid size' pools. Taylor would probably like the high platform diving boards. I'll have to take him there one of these times.

Carla said...

Atleast twice a year we clean out the kids closets, room and playroom. It never seems to amaze me the things they "collect" (rocks,leaves,pictures etc.) I love cleaning out closets, drawers, rooms and such. It makes it feel like I am simplifying my life. (Is that just me???)

Sounds like your life is as busy as ours. WOW! Where did the summer go? Hope to see you more this fall. (HINT...b-day partys!!) Congrats on 20 years together. Seems like just yesterday huh?

Have a great week!
XOXOX
Carla

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Hey, wanted to let you know that Candace (Peterson) now has a blog too! Check it out: http://candacelydia.wordpress.com/ Also you need to get on twitter.com too!