Thursday, August 7, 2008

OH YEA...THEY CAN DANCE ALL RIGHT!!

WHATEVER LIFE BRINGS YA....JUST KEEP ON DANCIN'!!

Seriously....what a show tonight! As Joshua is reigned the "top dancer" for Season 4.. I am just amazed at all the talent I've seen on this show this year! I know, some of you are saying...it's just a show. Doug wants to know what it is I like about it so much (and they were just so glad-ok, not-that they got to watch a couple hours of it tonight :}. Let me tell you...for one, I think we all enjoy watching someone succeed at something we always wished we could do (which is why I will also be enjoying the Olympics!). Second of all, it's always so touching to watch people grow & succeed at their dreams, depsite whatever obstacles & challenges they've had to overcome along the way. Third...because I LOVE to dance & love to see the emotions a great performance can bring when it comes from the heart! Fourth....well they are just SO entertaining to watch!! I've especially enjoyed seeing how hip-hop/street dancing has gotten a lot more credit. There are some amazing street dancers out there & deserve to finally get some recognition! Is one dancer better than another?...I don't think you can say that. Everyone brings their own thing to the table, has their own strengths & weaknesses, and one just gets the most votes. Joshua certainly proved he is a hard worker. He is so strong...that's what amazed me most about him. Did you see that routine with him & Twitch tonight? Serious strength...WOW, I could scream like Mary on that one!! (The guys least favorite part of this show! :}) Congratulations to him, as well as the rest of the Top 10, for living their dreams! :}

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Shauna, I happened to still be up, and saw this. I'm glad I decided to watch the finale, and not wait for Keith, or I may have been sorely disappointed to have the ending be known. I LOVE this show. I love it!! I find all of them so inspiring. I did love Joshua, and when it came down to him or Twitch, I was rooting for him (although, how can you not like Twitch). I loved seeing all my favorite dances done again, and I love the one by Katee and Will. My two favorite dancers for sure. Anyway, I LOVE the show, and I'm glad that I could finally convince Keith to watch it with me for this season. Although, anytime a guy danced in some "funky" costume, he wasn't so sure anymore. Who's your favorite choreographer? Ok, I'm obsessed! I could keep on going, I won't on your blog, but I'm glad to see a fellow SYTYCD fan in the family. Love you! (And I hope Kaley feels better soon - poor girl!)

Colleen said...

I loved the dance Joshua & Twitch did together too, it was so entertaining! There was some awesome talent this year! I liked Twitch for the most part, but the past few weeks I had become a big fan of Joshua, and was glad to see him win. They were both amazing talents, and handled themselves so well. I also love the street dancing/hip-hop dancing. As I don't understand all the technicalities of dance, it's always the entertainment factor for me. Oh, and the Mary thing, for the most part we would have to put on the mute when she was talking. TC absolutely could not handle her, and for me, I could tune her out for the most part..but found myself cringing quite a bit. Anyway, I agree with you, it was a great finale, I LOVED seeing the all the favorite dances throughout the season!