Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What A Show!!

Last night was the big concert of the year (for me at least...one I've been patiently waiting for all summer!) Sheryl Crow, James Blunt, and Toots & The Maytals. And let me tell you...what a show they put on!! I was very surprised to see USANA not quite as full as usual. Maybe because it was a Monday night? I don't know...but, their loss for missing such an excellent performance by all! Of course, just getting the outing itself with some of my fun family & friends made it a memorable night as is! It also gave us a great excuse to celebrate a couple of birthdays....Connie's was yesterday & Sherrie's was Saturday (and Suzanne's Wednesday..sorry you had to cancel Suz, we missed you!) Happy Birthday Again Girls!! Of course the other two were great, James Blunt is awesome in his own right; but, Sheryl was who I was there to see. She is one of my favorites! You've got to love those singers who truly sing from their soul/heart, like she does. And she's such an inspiration...I just admire everything about her! Sherrie & I were very excited to get to sneak up front to watch the finale...all the way to front row! It was SOOO awesome!! She rocks!!
ROCK ON SHERYL!!
Doing the finale with Toots & The Maytel Band (who I'd never heard before...but, fun group, great sound. May have to downloads some tunes there!) Always fun to have the crowd sing along...and yes, I DO want to soak up the sun thank you! :}
The Concert Go-ers meeting up at our house...from L to R: Connie, Laci, myself, Sherrie, Colleen, Glenn & Tiff (and of course Kaley just HAD to be in the picture too!)
We're off...ready for a fun night ahead!
Glenn kind enough to join the girls just for the sake of celebrating birthdays (he loves us and he knows it! :}). I THINK I may have convinced him to be a Sheryl Crow fan now too. :}
I've told you its always guaranteed to be a night of laughs with our family together haven't I?!
Like I said..... Oh, I love this picture of Laci & Jones! ...my "other sisters"! :} (minus Lil' One...we missed her tonight too for sure!!) Tiff meets Sherrie (now she proably realizes we're all a little whacked in this family! :})
Is he actually dancing & enjoying it? Or just being silly Glenn? I think both!! :}
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!

9 comments:

Lissa said...

SOOOOOO fun Shauna! I am glad that you got to go and have a fun night with your friends!

Julz said...

Fun!! I love Sheryl Crow. And if you want to "Soak up the Sun"- you should come out for a visit! :)

Colleen said...

That was tons of fun last night. Thanks for inviting me to come along. It was a great concert, great company, and lots of laughs.

Anonymous said...

Huh? Is our family whacked? Good one!! I had the greatest time!!!!! Seriously. Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I do not know how to get my name to show up so I guess I'm anonymous!! With love, Sherrie (p.s. feel free to tell me how to do it.......)

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Special little Sherrie. You are so cute!!!
It was a great night! I love your family!

Kim said...

Oh I love Sheryl Crow...had no idea she was here. Looks like you had a blast!

Jen said...

I've got the giggles just thinking of you guys laughing together! When you all you all get started, it's hard not to laugh. It looks like you had a great time! Love our family!!

Carla said...

I wish I could have gone! :( Looks like so much fun.

Carla