Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 70th Mom!!

Wow...hard to believe mom is now 70! (sorry mom, I know you would prefer me not to announce that; but, you should be proud of your age! :}). Now I say hard to believe because she is still so on the go-just full of energy (yea, that's where I get it from!) & spunky as ever. And I don't think she's slowing down anytime soon either! I believe she will continue to work for a long time since she loves her job anyway! (it involves her hobby, she works at The Geneology Building for the church). Cathy & Jim were kind enough to have the family over for dinner & celebrations. We always have so much fun when we get together. Grandma was cracking me up going on about how fast everyone talks these days. It was especially good to have her join us too since she hasn't been feeling too well lately. Happy Birthday Mom...may your 70's be a decade full of wonderful times & memories ahead!!

Enjoying a nice dinner of summer salads & kabobs

My sisters, Sherrie & Colleen...who are always keeping me laughing!

Haiden does not lack attention when we're together!

Jen got her turn to hold him; but, he wants Grandma!

Time to blow out the candles (one for each decade). All I got to say is that triple chocolate cake was heaven & it's good I am finally allowed to have a little chocolate again (though that probably exceeded the "moderate amount allowed" :})

MoMo even got to hold him...oh, he's just so darn cute! Look at that face!

Surprise, Surprise...Kaley had a dance performance for everyone! :}

The boys enjoyed some outside fun (always have to have that football with you at all times!)

She often goes through many costumes while at the Duffin's house (many to choose from in their playroom!). This one was for her next performance of the night.

We love having time with Great Grandma Tate!

We also enjoyed hearing about Annie & Mary's trip to Germany this summer (they stayed with my cousin, Cory & just got back recently)...what a memorable experience they had!

Anjila is Kaley's inspiration (she wants to be a cheerleader like her too!)

Mom & Dad

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday Mom! She definitely does not look 70. I wish I had the same amount of energy she has! That was fun tonight, I love when we get together. And where were you when I was trying to find you to take a picture? Oh, of course, out playing football with the boys! Cathy & Jim did a great job on putting the dinner together. Grandma Tate is so cute, I love her sense of humor!

Jen said...

How fun! I know how excited Mom was to get together with everyone. She really is awesome, and I hope I can have her same energy when I am 70. What a fun party, and it's fun seeing all the pictures!!!!!!!!

Lissa said...

Happy birthday to your sweet mOm!!!