Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our boy begins the adventures of Jr. High!

Am I really old enough to have a student in Jr. High?! Seriously?! This morning I got to take Bradon to his new school to get his locker & find out his class schedule. Oh the memories that brings! Or shall we say "nightmares" that brings. Seriously, I STILL have them periodically...that I'm there in the school, have no idea what my schedule is, where my classes are, or can't get into my locker...you'd think they would go away; but, no! It's a scary time (for both him & us as parents!)...it's such a big change from what they're used to! So, first thing we do is go try out his locker. Guess what?...he couldn't get in! I guess they messed up the #s on a bunch of them & the guy was having to go around & fix them all morning (we went back after my class & fortunately it worked then. I was afraid he wouldn't get to try again until the 1st day). We walked around to see where his classes were, get familiar with the school. Why you have to go from one end to the complete other inbetween each class I don't know...you would think there was a better system; but, guess that's the luck of the draw. Watching all the other kids there getting thier info reminded me of what a hard, crazy, whatever word you want to use...age that is. Young teenagers all think they are just the bomb! It's funny really, they do make you laugh! Let's just hope he survives it all right!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

He'll do great, what an exciting time of life! I'm sure He's going to love Jr. High. Does he locker by anyone he knows? I can't wait to hear how his first week goes. I'm such a proud aunt!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least he isn't starting high school. Talin started Monday. Talk about feeling old. Of course, HS starts here in 9th, but still. Next semester she has driver's ed! Awk! Hell, this is our last year of elementary. Now that is scary.

Jen said...

I'm feeling old.Bradon in Jr. High? Really?? I remember those days, of course I had you to help me with all the helpful hints I needed to survive. He's got such a fun personality, I bet kids will just surround him. I can't wait to hear how it all goes for him.

Lissa said...

OMG jr High! Ah, the memories!!! Good luck to ALL of you! :)

Carla said...

What a strange time in thier lives. No more elementary yet more grownup issues to deal with too. AGH! It can be a hard time for them, but you and Doug are such great parents you will do fine. Good luck.....we're right behind you...I might need some advice next year. LOL
:)Carla