Friday, August 22, 2008

Bonko Camping Weekend

This past weekend was one of my favorite weekends of the year...Bonko Camping. For those who aren't familiar with this awesome tradition...let me explain what this is. Every year The Bonko Babes go up to camp for a night, then the families are all welcome to join us the next day. So not only do we get our girl time; but, we also get to see some of the husbands & kiddos and enjoy our time in the mountains together. It is just something not to miss!! This blog will be about the Bonko part. Part 2 will come with the families (lots of pics, doing inbetween everything else....so, best to split it up a little :})

Let me start with our way out of town. Here's Suzanne who's just driven the trailer into the pallet of mulch. You should have seen the look on the old guys face next to us too, watching us trying to get out of it...it was hillarious! And sorry Suz; but, I couldn't resist! I realize many of you, especially the guys, are saying "Damn Women Drivers!" But, hey, I'll stick up for her too....it's not easy pulling a trailer! :}
We made it...camp is set up, time to get some food in us!

One of the best parts is just getting that down time to sit & relax, enjoy our time together! You know we always have plenty to talk about!

Tina showing us her "Sexy Camping Self" :} Tracy & Lette made it! (before sundown too..yea! :})

It was fun to have MaryAnn's (and our's now :}) friend, Julie, join us. She was also with us on our adventure to Napa...what a cutie!

'Princess Deanna' got to celebrate her official birthday with all of us...what a great way to celebrate your day!

Tracy just had to bring her new dog, Dodger...or is it Dodger Bailey something something Newby? That was a debate! :}

He's such a loveable dog, we all enjoyed having him there!

We actually forgot the Bonko Box, so we had to come up with a creative way to win the prizes still (yes folks, we do still play when we go camping! :}). How about musical chairs?

Yea, musical chairs while you dance around the fire...that's smart! No, really, it was hillarious. Continuing on with our "We can still be kids" moments!

Chris won that round! OMG, seriously about peed my pants watching this one!

The party continues...everyone survived musical chairs!

You'll notice the birthday girl managed to keep her tiera on all night! :}

"Duurrhh"....OK, so normally I wouldn't put some an actractive picture of myself; but, Lil' One liked it & insisted I keep it. I always manage to pull some great faces in pictures!

Another year down & many great memories made once again. Sure do love my Bonko Babes....can't imagine life without them!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

That looks like so much fun! And thanks for a great laugh Suzanne! It is tricky pulling trailers. I've had my own personal experience with the backing up process..not for me! I'm glad everyone was able to get away and have such a good time.

Anonymous said...

Looks just like girls camp in the good ol' days, but with alcohol, which would make it totally way funner!

Lissa said...

What a fun time... I had a blast that year I joined you girls. What a fun group and a wonderful girl time out!!! Glad this year was so much fun!