Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goodbye Our Friend....


This week has been a tough week in seeing our dear friends, The Thropp/Katris Family, lose another family member...our buddy, their brother, Mitch. This would be the 3rd sibling in 5 years...besides losing thier mom, as well, not much earlier than that. I know God throws out those challenges & obstacles, and I truly believe there's a reason for everything; but, I also don't think one family should have to experience so much pain & tragedy like they have. It really just doesn't seem fair! My heart just breaks for them right now & all I can ask is that you keep them in your prayers.

I can only hope that our friends & family always know how much we truly love & care about them, and that they know we are there for them, through the good & the bad times. You never know when you might not ever get the chance again! I also want all of you out there to stop & think about how precious life is & to not take it for granted. I'm not trying to preach...no one can truly understand what's going on in your own head & personal life; but, yourself (hell, that's hard enough...if only you could see the inside of my head! :}). Everyone has their own demons & battles we have to fight....some obviously more than others. But, know there IS help out there, that people DO truly care & will be understanding & will be there for you. I also know that sometimes there is nothing else we, their loved ones, can do besides just being there for them. Appreciate every moment & memory you can!!

WE WILL MISS YOU MITCH!

P.S.....Have I told ya I love you today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. I am so thankful that we have each other in times like this.
Your post was very nice Shauna. I think Little One will will be touched.

Love you!!

Jen said...

What a nice post, but so sad. That seems like too much tragedy for one family! What heart break they must be experiencing! I definitely know how much you love me, and I ALWAYS hope you know how much I love you, and would do anything for you!! You're the best. I love you. - Jen

Julz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and his family- so hard! We will definitely remember them in our prayers. And I also really loved your post- you are always so insightful!

Colleen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Monica and Marie's brother. I can't imagine the heart ache they must be going through.
I love you always, you're a great Sis!

Lissa said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. What a great post Shauna! Love you!